Saturday, February 11, 2012

Looking for blood in all the wrong places...

Well, unfortunately I am still leaking. The good side is that it is only when I attempt a BM. All of the muscles tense and we assume puts undue pressure on the bladder where the cancer has intruded through the bladder wall. The blood that has already leaked, pooled and clotted, in addition to new blood being pushed out is forced out from my bladder in the most conventional of ways. However, I have gotten very used to what fluids come from where, and how it feels when they are ejected. At almost 42 years old, these are new and unpleasant sensations. As of right now, my hemoglobin still sits at 10.2, so the blood loss is not consequential and my body and occasional transfusion make up the difference. The other option is to knock me out and using a catherter, go to the bladder the very unpleasant way and cauterize the bleeder. Could help, but could make it worse. The plan for know is to maintain what we have unless the bleeding gets to be so much that the transfusion and body production can't keep up, then we would have no choice. The other thing is that if the bleeding seems particularly heavy, I could skip one of my twice daily Lovenox blood thinning shots to help it heal a little faster before more pressure aggravates it again. All for now. Blood work in 2 weeks, see the doctor in 4. Will update if anything interesting is happening..
My best to all!!
Love ya!
B.

1 comment:

  1. have you tried gcmaf treatment from gcmaf.eu (highest activity according to indipendent assays) or gcmaf.nl
    stage iv is quite advanced for gcmaf too but i'd give it a try, i am on it since may 2011 for cronic hbv infection and my naglase is slowly getting to normal and hbv virus hbsag antigen lowering
    hope this mayhelp

    ReplyDelete