Friday, April 22, 2011

No chemo today

I went in for labs, to see my doctor, and to get my 6th and final chemo today. I told the Doctor that I had some minor tingling (neuropathy) in my right foot and some fatigue. It wasn't anything that I thought to be a big deal, but thought he should know. He decided based on the the last CT Scan that showed stable, but not a decrease, that another treatment might not prove to be beneficial right now, but could impact quality of life issues, so he called it off. If the cancer stays stable for a long period of time (6-8 months) he might re-introduce it. He feels that we have gotten the benefit we hoped for and now it is time to enjoy a treatment holiday. I will go back in 8 weeks for Labs and a CT Scan. If things have progressed at that point, we will look at a different chemo or more likely, Abiraterone. So I am on a wait and see right now. Hopefully the chemo will continue to stabilize things and we can have a somewhat uneventful summer this year. FISHING AWAITS!!!!
All my best!
Brian.

No comments:

Post a Comment