Saturday, August 13, 2011

Latest CT and Labs

Well, the Abiraterone looked promising but now appears to be having a minimal effect. We will be talking to the Radiation Therapist to see if we can target the large tumor near my bladder. It showed an increase in size on the latest CT along with a number of enlarged lymph nodes in my abdomen. The doctor informed me that we will be looking at pain relief and quality of life treatments. Even though he will have the XL-184 trial in a few months, he feels that additional survivability is no longer the main, or most likely goal. He will continue to treat with whatever he can, but my lack of response to hormonal treatment, chemo, and other newer treatments leads us to the logical conclusion that we need a miracle now. I hope that we can find something to slow this train down or time will be shorter than I thought. That's all I can say today. Hope everyone understands.
B.

No comments:

Post a Comment