Wednesday, November 23, 2011

2 years come and gone...

Even though the 2 year anniversary of the diagnosis came and went on November 12, it was without much fanfare. In reality we had a very real concern about this illness back into July of 2009. Changing doctors and procedures finally confirmed it for us. I don't think it is possible to list the things that have changed in the last 2 years, and I don't think I could list what hasn't changed. The only thing that is constant is change. It gets harder to identify how I feel about things. Sometimes it feels like House Arrest. Sometimes it is like I am being given time to realize how good I have it. Many days I just hope that the next round of testing will bring good news. The thing I am most thankful for today is that I feel the love and prayers from some very close to me, some that I have met through this, and some that email back to me now and then, but I have never met. Those are the times that get me through this and where I get my strength from. The comments from people that this blog is meaningful to them or gives them direction and hope. These words are given to me as gifts, and I hope that I do them justice as I pass them on to you. The internet and this blog have been a huge blessing to me and I hope that we can continue to blog for a long, long time. Until next time, Happy Blessed Thanksgiving to all. Please don't forget to express your love and support to those that need it ( and those that don't) this Holiday Season. Life is too short to let one pass you by. All my love to you and yours!
Brian.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Brian. you said you said you've been changing doctors and procedure, have you tried prostate cancer alternative treatment options? Anyhow, more power to you and your blog. thank you for sharing your story. You are an inspiration. Stay positive.. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete