Friday, December 2, 2011

CT Scan Results

I had my latest PSA and CT Scan on Wednesday and got the results today. The PSA dropped from 140 to 91 due to the 12 treatments of radiation directly to the tumor on my prostate. The measurements of the tumor however have not shrunk. The doctors do think that I may have gotten some residual help on the tumor near my colon which is good news. That can hold off a big part of the chance that the tumor could penetrate the colon leaving me septic and very sick. The down part is that the cancer is continuing to progress. It has made measurable increases on most of my lymph node chain including the post-aorta nodes near the heart. Since it is spreading quickly, the next step would be Cabazitaxel. This is a newer FDA approved chemo. It has had varying effects on different people. The biggest thing to watch is the potential for sudden drop in white blood cells which make up your immune system. They have ways to boost that if necessary. But that is where we would look at next. It is very much a systemic disease so it would have to be systemic treatment. I would want to weigh risk vs. reward on reintroducing chemo before I gave the go ahead on this one. We decided to CT Scan in 8 weeks, see how quickly things have progresses since now and possibly set a baseline if we go the chemo route. Things roll on, but always one day at a time. I am enjoying spending time with family and we will see where we are in 8 weeks. All my best to you!
Brian.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent blog very nice and unique information related to Prostate Cancer. Thanks for sharing this information.
    Kamagra

    ReplyDelete