Friday, March 11, 2011

Had Chemo IV today

I had my 4th chemo treatment today (every 3 weeks) and everything was pretty uneventful. During and after the treatment today though, I was hit by some substantial fatigue. Nothing a little laying around and a nap can't fix, but it was a noticeable change. The Doctor said after a bit the side effects don't increase in severity, but duration. So I will have another CT scan and blood work in 3 weeks to see how this treatment is going. I have also had some pain in my lower abdomen and bladder area that reminds me of when the cancer was growing before the chemo. I believe that it is due to the exertion being used to remodel and ready our house to move into. We have been working really hard and some of the physical aspects of it are things I have not done in awhile. The last CT was positive and that was only 3 weeks ago, so I truly am not too worried at this point. The last thing I will say to all that suffer from this and other cancers is to be responsible for your own treatment and stay informed, but try to acknowledge that this disease is not a car wreck that takes you in a blink. This is God's way of hopefully blessing you with a cure, but if not, Don't "Live your life like you are dying" as the country song goes, Live and love your life like you are living. Accept and deal with the trials when they need to be addressed. When nothing can be gained by living in that mess, go live with meaning. Mostly that can be accomplished by doing something for someone else to take your mind off of your issues. You would be amazed what others have battled through and won. The cancer might take your body, but don't give your mind and spirit even when the battle and the war is lost. We are meant to love and be charitable. That is what takes us out of our funk. If you are looking to help anyone, pick a prostate cancer research group. :)
B.

No comments:

Post a Comment