Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Birthday, etc

I celebrated my 41st birthday last week and had great times with family and some friends. Nothing wild and crazy, just some low-key visits. The 3rd round of Chemo was not too bad, but the fatigue effects have definitely increased with each cycle. It only hits for a day or two, about 6 or 7 days after the infusion, but it takes me down a bit. Luckily, just fatigue and not really any nausea. We have finally bought a house. It took awhile to make the decision with all of this, but it comes down to "Get busy living, or get busy dying". I've been told that by a few people including David Emerson. They are all correct. This is a chronic disease that the outcome and the timing are all uncertain. I owe my family and myself the opportunity to live my life with meaning and purpose. It gets very tiring looking over your shoulder all the time wondering if you have the right to make long term decisions. All decisions have to have merit. So we think about things we need, make sure that we can handle whichever direction that God points us in, and get going. I enjoy the scenery much more than I used to appreciate it, but that doesn't mean I have all day to stare at it! If your life lacks purpose, find some and put it in there! Other than that, all is well. The PSA dropped from 31 back down to 13 after 6 weeks of Chemo, so by the technical view, I have responded very well to treatment. Let's hope that continues for a good long while.
B.

No comments:

Post a Comment