Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Anniversary

Today was our 15th Wedding Anniversary. Amazing how times fly by. Even though we didn't do anything too special, we decided to observe the holiday next week while the kids are in camp. Not sure what we will do, but we will set aside some time for us to enjoy the 15 years we have spent together. We had a good marriage before this cancer, but it has somehow intensified our relationship into something we consider sacred. I feel the love she has for me in so much more of an eternal and spirtual sense. I feel that through this trial, our family has become one. So while I am generally not in favor of testing your marriage through serious illness, ours has prospered. On a medical note, I started Abiraterone and Predisone today. It took a couple of days to work it through the insurance. A one month's supply is $6,100. We have heard stories of copays of $3 up to $5,900. So we weren't sure what we were up against. The copay for us ended up $200 per month. Not ideal, but not a dealbreaker either. So here we go on this treatment. It has shown to drop PSA and stabilize disease so we will see. I will probably PSA test in 8 weeks and see if a CT is necessary at that point. Pray for a good response. We really need it. We are going through all of the options very quickly and have only a few left after this. All my best.
Brian.

No comments:

Post a Comment