Tuesday, February 16, 2010

1st Treatment - San Diego Clinic

Worked out the internet problems this morning. I arrived in San Diego on Sunday afternoon and spent the rest of the day trying to arrange longer term accomodations. On Monday morning, I went in to the Clinic in Tijuana, Mexico for blood work, consultation with Dr. Munoz, and possibly to start treatment. I parked at a Day Lot on the US side of the border. It takes more paperwork and assistance to get into a movie than it takes to walk into Mexico. Getting out is a lot longer (1hr) in line, but still a pretty simple process. I got to the Clinic, filled out the paperwork and Dr. Munoz was able to see me right away. He said that there were only 2 types of Chemo that had shown any ability to do anything with Advanced Prostate Cancer and that he did not think it would be of help to me right now, so it would not be in my protocol, unless something changed. Good news on that. He said he would be using Dendritic Cell Therapy. This has shown great promise at Duke University and other research hospitals.

Whole body Hyperthermia –this treatment enhances the benefits of chemotherapy and has a synergistic effect (killing cancer cells). It also enhances the immune system and assists in detoxification of the body. This therapy is given on a daily basis for the first two weeks of therapy and then adjusted accordingly.

Then for the Cancer in my bones:

Osteo therapy:
- Micalcic (salmon calcitonin) is a synthetic polypeptide of 32 amino acids in the same linear sequence that is found in calcitonin of salmon origin. This therapy is utilized to strengthen bone and assist with metastatic bone cancer. Micalcic is administered by injection while in treatment with SDC. Depending upon the evolution of therapy – the use of this medication may be changed to a nasal spray application (for home therapy program.)

Pamidronate – this is an effective treatment for bone cancer. It assists the bone to recalcify and strengthen. Pamidronate particularly kills cancer cells and has an oncolytic effect.


For Immune Therapy:

Metabolic therapy:


- Selenium IV therapy – enhances lymphatic drainage and immune system function. It also has an anti-cancer effect & stops metastasis.

-Zinc IV therapy – The lack of zinc in our bodies has been implicated not only in the initiation of certain cancers, but also in the transition, progression, and metastasis of the disease. When zinc is deficient, cellular functioning is compromised. Zinc IV therapy is an essential treatment for mineral & immune system balance.

- Artesunate IV therapy - this is a synthetic product from the Artemesia herb. It is known for its anti-cancer activity (it is an anti-cancer antibiotic).

- Polypeptides IV therapy – this is an essential treatment to protect liver, spleen, kidneys and bone marrow from the side effects of cancer treatments.

- Alban solution IV therapy – anti-inflammatory treatment. Alban is a combination of H2O2 and DMSO.

- Glyoxal IV therapy – helps to restore the normal pathway of cancer cells. Re-differentiation therapy.

-Vitamin C & K IV therapy – (apoptosis / antioxidant) produces apoptosis and eliminates free radicals; free radicals produce pain and inflammation.


Immune therapy:

- Mycoplasma vaccine – Autogolous vaccine, eighty percent of cancer cells have been linked directly to mycoplasma. This vaccine eliminates micoplasma and indirectly destroys cancer cells.

Allergostop vaccine – This autogolous vaccine re-programs (modulates) the immune system.

- Neo Springer vaccine – This specific synthetic vaccine targets Sialic Acid which is produced by cancer cells (up to 95%).

- Supplement program – An oral supplemental program is specifically designed to your needs while in treatment at SDC.

-Dendritic cell vaccine - this autogolous vaccine (vaccine from patient’s own blood) isolates the dendritic cells which are then cultured in a lab and trained to identify cancer cells. This process stimulates the immune system and NK cells to destroy cancer cells.

-I will also be receiving GcMaf, a very promising immunology program developed by a Japanese Doctor. I have read about this, and the results are amazing. Dr. Munoz said the results are similar to chemo, last much longer, with no toxicity.

These therapies are from the protocol I discussed with the Dr. at the initial meeting. After he has the results from my labs on Wed or Thurs, he said he may adjust the protocol as needed.

The surgeon came in and installed a port in my chest just under my left collarbone. It is an IV tube that will stay in while I am here. Many cancer patients get them because of the high number if IV's that they get. It saves you from all the needle sticks in the arm. Didn't hurt too bad getting it, but it got a little sore last night. Much better today.

He said that with this system that he strongly believes that I will be in full remission when I leave the clinic. If I follow the regimen, nutrition, and excercise, I can stay in remission for many years. He has several over 10, 15, and even 20 years with similar advanced cancer.

He has had this success with many types of cancer and I met several of his success stories yesterday. Some still being treated, others in for follow up.

Everyone is different, so while I am not sure how the treatment will be received for me, I am optimistic. And I choose to have hope that I was guided to this clinic through your prayers and thoughts. I believe that through this treatment, every possible avenue will be pursued and every treatment investigated and tried. I know in my heart that the good people I have been fortunate enough to be surrounded by for my entire life will be sufficient to pull me through this. I thank all of you for your support and prayers and will keep you up to date on this remarkable treatment.

If any of you have any questions, or know some one that may be interested in this treatment for themselves or a loved one, please do not hesitate to contact me at:
brianpca4@gmail.com. I want to share what I have learned in the hopes that it circulates to all who need help.

All of my love,
B.

6 comments:

  1. It's nice to share such useful information regarding San Diego Clinic. Thanks for this useful information. keep sharing..
    pain san diego

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping you can let us know if they were able to achieve full remission for you following that aggressive plan. Thanks for any update.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your thought about the topic is correct. I think that people need to think about it, in the same way you do or what you have expressed in the blog. I really like your idea and your presentation skill. Nice work.
    urgent care san diego

    ReplyDelete
  4. Health supplement manufacturer

    Hi Blogger, I just love reading the blog and found so important information about treatment and it was really a nice help to me. Thank you so much and please keep posting this type of blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In a supportive environment, we will help you with the healing process after surgerieswith Manual Lymph Drainage massage (MLD). This therapy will greatly hasten the healing after cosmetic surgeries or liposuction, breast reconstruction or reduction, or knee, hip or shoulder surgeries
    best lymphedema San Diego

    ReplyDelete
  6. This information is really valuable for me, thanks for sharing it. Best cosmetic treatment surgery center treatments such as manual lymph drainage, lymphatic massage, exercise, diet management etc.
    best lymphedema San Diego

    ReplyDelete