Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Chemo status

My last post said that the low point was Days 3-5 after the chemo infusion, but it looks like the "Nadir" or low-point of the immune system is days 5-9 after the infusion. That would start today. So far, it has been a non-issue. I feel a little more fatigue today than the last couple of days, but still better than I did before the chemo started. I told my wife before chemo that I just did not feel good and hoped that I would feel better. My prayers were answered. I have felt more like myself since the chemo and steroids. There has been no hair loss, yet. They say that that usually happens 3-4 weeks after the first treatment. My luxurious locks are yet intact. I would have to say that, so far, and we are early in yet, this treatment is better tolerated than some of the oral medications and IVs that I have had so far. Other than that, things are peachy. We are staying with my Brother, His Wife, and their son. It has been a huge blessing to stay with such giving people. Before that, we were lucky enough to stay with the same Salt of the Earth type people like my Mother and Father in Law, and before that, my Mom and her husband. This has been going on for over a year, and we continue to be blown away by the generosity and actions of family and friends. Our Christmas at my Dad and his wife's home invited cousins, aunts, uncles, etc that were great to visit. It is such a shame to have to put up with cancer to recognize the true blessings the beautiful people around you! We are truly blessed and loved. And we love them all right back!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment