Saturday, January 1, 2011

After searching for treatments and working with several doctors, we accidently stumbled onto a really good one. My regular oncologist informed us that they had just hired a Urological Oncologist that used to head the department at a very good University Hospital. She said we should meet with him and consider transfering care. We met with him on Thursday and were very pleased with his knowledge and demeanor. I had a bone scan the same day so we went over the results and were glad to see that the bone mets were stable. We discussed the CT scan and he was concerned about the progression in the soft tissue. My PSA also had doubled from 15.3 to 31.1 in just three weeks. He feels that chemo is the only real option right now. I will also see a Urologic Surgeon next Tuesday to talk about a stent in my right kidney. It will probably be needed at some point, but we have to weigh the greatest priority, the stent or chemo. It the priority is chemo, I will begin treatment on Thursday, January 6th. It will be every 3 weeks for 4-6 treatments. I'm not really nervous about it and I hope it will alleviate some of the symptoms I have had lately.
As we start the new year, I have only 2 resolutions. I will always pray for a miracle, but never forget to live each day as best I can and those that I love will never wonder about it.
Brian.

No comments:

Post a Comment