Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day before Chemo II

Tomorrow will be my second chemo treatment and I have to say it has gone pretty smoothly so far. I have felt well through this whole cycle and have not had to battle side effects. They tell me that the side effects are cumulative, so as I continue through these cycles, I may have more to deal with, but we take it day by day anyway, so if it happens, it will be dealt with. On the Hair Front, it has started to noticeably thin. To just look at it, it isn't overly noticeable, but if I run my fingers or a brush through it, I end up with a fair amount that has come out. It started on Saturday and has picked up speed. I don't know if it will all fall out or just continue to thin, but if it all falls out, I'll wear a hat. I will have blood work tomorrow and see the doctor also. I am hopeful that the lab results will correlate to the way I have been feeling, and my PSA will have dropped. I will update that part in a few days. A couple other things, please say a prayer of thanks for my good friend Sharon B. in Salt Lake City. She knows that this trial could have been much harder if not for her willingness to help us. She is very much appreciated. Also a prayer for my friend, David E, who fights the same battle. He is an inspiration and at a crossroads in his treatment. I wish him all the best that I can for him and his family.
B.

2 comments:

  1. Brian, Thank you for your posts. I am sorry your journey with prostate cancer has been such a difficult one. I was 39 too, when diagnosed and coming up on 2 years from my prostate removal. No indication of spreading, but always fearful it will come back. I am learning a lot from your posts and David E., and wish both of you nothing but the best. My prayers are with both of you and all of us who fight this horrible disease. Joe

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is extremely fine that the body is reacting positively to the therapies of the disease.It is hard to go through the medications physically and mentally but with positive strength all this is possible.Wish you better health in the coming days.
    Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

    ReplyDelete