Tuesday, March 30, 2010

CT Scan and Blood Test

Well, if 3 tests makes a pattern then Houston, we have a problem. My PSA tested at 6.9 and has been steadily climbing for the last month. I re-start Casodex today and hope for a bit of a reprieve. The CT Scan results were also less than encouraging. Lesions were noted on my Liver and a nodular tumor was seen on my lung. This may have been here all along, as we did not have an abdominal and chest CT the first time around. They will know more in 3 months when they can measure whether it grows or shrinks. Either way, they will call it officially cancer. If you have never seen a grown man fighting tears in front of a Pasta House Restaraunt, you may have missed a golden opportunity. Between my testosterone at 7 from the Lupron and this nonsense going on, its a wonder I'm able to hold it together at all. My Dad is picking me up tomorrow morning for a Father-Son Fun Day. I don't know if I have ever needed one more. My friends, family, and new friends that I have met from this are the reason that I continue to keep myself together enough to keep looking for new solutions. As much as we look for creative solutions to battle this disease, we have to find new angles to pick ourselves back up, dust off, and fight some more. It wears on you. I realize now that cancer doesn't just steal time and take people too early, it tries to steal the time that you have by being an all consuming beast that won't let you live the life you still have. We continue to soldier on and are very thankful for all of the blessings that we have been given and wish all of you everything that your heart desires and pray for health, happiness, and love for all of you.
Brian.

No comments:

Post a Comment