Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Maybe good news???

I talked to the Nurse today and she said the comparison on my latest CT and my baseline CT was complete. There is some thought that the tumors in my prostate and the lymph node involvement in my pelvis may have decreased from the baseline. But, the CT seems to show an increase in bone mets and confirmed bladder intrusion and lymph nodes. She said we really need to wait for the bone scan on April 12th because it is like comparing apples and oranges on a CT to a bone scan. To me, this might suggest that the liver lesions and the lung node may have been there last November, since the abdomen and chest were not done then. If the other stuff decreased, I don't think the liver and lung would progress. But not sure about that one yet. I will see the Doctor again on April 5th. We were just happy to get a test result that might be good instead of another one that wasn't. I re-started Casodex yesterday and will test the PSA in about 2 weeks to see if it is working. If not, we will move to DES or Ketoconazole and Hydrocortisone. These are hormonal treatments that have been around for awhile and continue to work well for some people. We are also looking at a new drug called Provenge. The Doctor is trying to deal with the treatments with the least side effects first. As we go up the ladder, the side effects increase. After these treatments we will likely be looking at chemotherapy. All in all, I choose to look at todays news as a good sign. One of the first in awhile. We continue to look for more and pray for ourselves, all of you, and all who struggle with this disease.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers!
Brian.

No comments:

Post a Comment