Thursday, March 4, 2010

Treatment going well

It has been a week since my last entry. Sometimes it seems that not much is happening, while at the same time, change marches on. Teresa and the kids arrived on Monday night. It was great to have our family back together again. I knew I missed them, but I realize how much when they are back with me. I think their return is pushing me into the next phase of this "Life Adjustment". I think at first it was shock, then despair, then anger at the cancer, then a brawler attitude that made me want to lash out and kick its butt. Now, as I push through this initial treatment, I am moving towards trying to figure out what I will do with myself in the "New Normal". Will I work? What work will I do? What will the change in priorities that something like this causes do to impact my family's future? On one hand, I fully embrace the new perspective that I have been given, on the other, I miss the life that I had to leave behind. Most of the time, I feel like I need to hold on to the things that cause positive life changes and put the rest of the crap on the shelf for awhile. I'm not angry at it, I am just ready to move on and live my life. There are definite positives, including the people that I have met through my blog, and I choose to dwell on that. When we leave San Diego, we will moving back to St. Louis. The truck is loaded and on its way. It will be great to be near my family again, just as it will be painful to leave family and great friends in Salt Lake. This is a time of great transition for us. Starting over again, but with a new set of rules. I feel a lot like this post today. Happy with the overall progress, but disjointed and out of sorts with some of my current situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment