Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Treatment Update

We met with Dr. Munoz yesterday and if all goes according to plan this week with my blood tests, I will be finished with the treatement here and taking IV treatments home with me. I will keep the port in my chest until I no longer will need multiple IVs daily. The blood work looks great and he is convinced that I will be in full remission in 3-4 months. Staying there is the wild card. He has had great success of keeping people in remission when he can get them to it, but many factors play a part. This is just how my life will go from here, but I will absolutely enjoy it. This week we will practice mixing the IVs and administeri​ng them with the nurse's supervision so we are ready to take them home. We will not go directly back to St. Louis as I am working on some things that I will post about later today or tomorrow. Very good things that will be a part of our life to come. Not to be mysterious, but I need to explain it correctly. We have loved the people we have met here and will stay in touch with many, but it is definitely time to move on to the living part of life again. There are some who live in the San Diego area that have reached out to us and I apologize for not being able to get to some of you, but know that your thoughts and offers of help are greatly appreciated.​ I always feel that I will have more energy and time to take them up on these offers, but the limited time after treatment flies by with some of the other things we have going on. Right now, I am very happy with the treatment and direction and am starting to understand how things will go from here. I am very excited to begin this new chapter and appreciate all of you more than you could ever know. Between those of you that I speak to on the phone and others that express you thoughts here, this experience has taught me more about what is important than any other time in my life. I hope that it has helped some of you see things a little differently​, also. All my love to you and I will talk to you again soon!
Brian.

No comments:

Post a Comment